29 November 2016

Reading.

My back is much better now. I still haven't gone to the doctor (bad Maggie), But I'm much better than I used to be. The back has settled down just nicely.

Now.

The knitting. Nope, I'm still not working on it. I was attempting to work on a scarf for my Dad, but the summer "heat" meant that it got attacked by a moth and I had to throw out the 2 inches I'd done. I feel sorry for my Dad, but I'm not knitting on anything at all, so he's not being truly ignored. He knows this.

My cross stitching. Well, that's being ignored too, as is the garden. I'm waiting for a hard frost (should be along this week if the Met office is correct), then I'll go out and cut down some unwanted saplings and small trees that are trying to gain a foothold. Naughty Ash trees.

All I'm really doing is cooking, mild (and constant) de-cluttering and reading.

I'm not 100% contented, but at least I'll fulfill my 2016 resolution (get rid of a lot of clutter). It's a good thing. I'll make it my yearly resolution from this point. I can't go the hard de-cluttering route (get rid of as many items as the day of the month - e.g get rid of 24 "things" on the 24th). I did try it for a couple of months, but to be honest, I'm just not that way. But I am realizing that I can get rid of a few more items than I bring into the house, and on a daily basis, I'm now looking around and seeing things I don't *really* want to keep (then figure out a way of getting them out of the house - not just throwing them away if they're items that should be either recycled, donated or re-purposed). It's working nicely so far. Although, there is a small pile of bags that have items that need to go somewhere (the special tip (there's an area for purposed skips e.g. broken electrical items, wooden furniture) , the charity shop, the supermarket recycling places or other recycling places). I'm being cheap and lazy because I need to get a taxi to get to some of these places, and I don't want to yet. Shame on me.

Now as to the reading. As of today, I've read 78 books this year. I'm very happy about this. I'm tempted to make next year's reading challenge 75 books, but I think I'd be jinxing myself. I'll just keep it at a constant 52 books per year. It means I might look like a reading maniac, but then again, I might not. I just think that if I do, I'm catching up on reading I didn't do in previous years.

Ok, Time to go.

Later.

No comments: